HomeFit Terms and Conditions (Registration agreement)
- By registering for HomeFit, you confirm that you have read and you agree to these terms and conditions (Terms) between you and New Zealand Green Building Council Incorporated (us, we).
- You confirm that you are the owner or have the permission of the owner of the home for which you are applying for a HomeFit assessment (Home). If there is more than one owner of the Home, all owners will be jointly and severally responsible for complying with these Terms and you confirm that you are authorised by every other owner of the Home to agree to these Terms on their behalf.
- You are responsible for engaging a certified HomeFit assessor to undertake the assessment of your Home against the HomeFit criteria, including payment of the HomeFit fee.
- If the HomeFit assessor evaluates your Home as meeting the HomeFit criteria, he/she will issue a HomeFit Certificate for your Home. If you do not agree with the assessment, you may refer the dispute to us and our decision will be final.
- You must not use, or authorise anyone else to use, the HomeFit Certificate to promote your Home if your Home is modified in any way that might reasonably be expected to affect its HomeFit status.
- HomeFit Certificates expire three years from the date of issue. After the HomeFit Certificate for your Home has expired, you must not use the HomeFit Certificate to promote the Home or for any other purpose and will not refer to your Home as being 'HomeFit' or otherwise represent that your Home meets the HomeFit criteria.
- Without limiting any rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, you agree that we will not be liable for any loss or otherwise whatsoever in connection with the HomeFit Certificate. You acknowledge that the issue of a HomeFit Certificate for your Home is not a guarantee of the Home's energy efficiency performance.
- If you breach any of these Terms, we may cancel this agreement. If we cancel this agreement you will not be entitled to any refund of fees paid and you must return the HomeFit Certificate to us (if one has been issued) and must not refer to the Home as being 'HomeFit' or otherwise represent that your Home meets the HomeFit criteria.